Sharing our concern for the global community
*Member-sponsored volunteer electrification projects are targeted to continue in June 2022, exercising extreme caution with respect to COVID health and travel restrictions.
Hundreds of co-op directors, linemen, engineers, managers and other employees have served as volunteers in Latin America, Southeast Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. They bring communities first-time access to electricity and provide training to help utilities be sustainable in their own communities.
Volunteer assignments have included:
- Linemen helping build distribution systems, wiring houses, and providing training to local crews.
- Co-op managers and directors providing governance training to the local board of directors of co-ops.
- Engineers providing extensive substation training and evaluating damaged line after natural disasters.
Once an opportunity has been identified, NRECA International will make all the necessary arrangements for the volunteers to make this trip possible. A typical assignment lasts between two to three weeks. All you need is your passport and willingness to go.
- What to Expect as a Volunteer
- A Lineworker’s Story
- The Cooperative Global Commitment
- Send us an email at email@example.com
Looking for a permanent position with NRECA International?