Since 1962, NRECA International has empowered more than 160 million people worldwide to improve their quality of life by providing them access to safe, reliable and affordable electricity. This is accomplished by a diverse team of engineers, rural electrification experts, financial analysts and more, who design and implement successful rural electrification programs that bring power to communities. We have helped establish more than 250 electric utilities and electric cooperatives in 48 countries. For the millions of people who have benefitted from our work, we remain committed to improving education, healthcare, and economic opportunities through sustainable electrification.
Our impact on communities can be attributed to
- Forming strong consumer-owned rural utilities to ensure lasting power for people
- Working with partners to design and construct rural electric infrastructure
- Helping create robust operating practices and procedures
- Encouraging electric service expansion planning
- Training local staff to build capacity.