- Information Collected and Stored Automatically
NRECA International automatically collects and stores anonymous information about site visitors to enable it to make the website more useful and improve the overall quality of the visitor’s online experience. Anonymous information refers to data that cannot be tied back to a specific individual. NRECA International may collect the following anonymous information from you every time you access the website:
- Internet domain from which you access our website (e.g. aol.com, yourschool.edu, yourcompany.com)
- IP address. An IP address is automatically assigned to your computer or mobile device when you surf the web. In some cases, these addresses may be individually or regionally identifiable. However, even when an IP address is identifiable, it usually takes additional effort to link a particular IP address to a specific individual. For many users, an IP address cannot be linked to a specific individual.
- Type of browser and operating system used to access our website
- Date and time of access
- Pages visited
- Address of the website (if any) from which you linked to this website
- Web logs may also be automatically created and used to identify visitors who seek to damage the website, use the website in unauthorized ways, or interfere with operations. Information about users who try to engage in any unapproved activities may be shared with law enforcement agencies. NRECA International does not collect any personal information about a routine visitor.
- Personal Information Collection and Use
You do not have to provide any personally identifiable information to visit this website; however, if you use the website to send NRECA International an e-mail, NRECA International collects and may maintain the information that you provide. Personally identifiable information refers to data that tells us specifically who you are (e.g. your name, address, social security number, credit card number, e-mail, electric service characteristics, etc.). In the situations described above, your personally identifiable information may be shared among NRECA International staff and support services as we deem necessary. Once information reaches the correct office, it will be used in the same manner as comparable information collected in other ways. In no event will NRECA International sell, rent or lease your personally identifiable information to any third parties.
- Linking to other sites
From time to time, the NRECA International website may provide links to other websites, not owned or controlled by NRECA, that we think might be useful or of interest to you. We cannot, however, be responsible for the privacy practices used by other website owners or the content or accuracy of those other websites. Links to various non-NRECA International websites do not constitute or imply endorsement of NRECA International of these websites, any products or services described on these sites, or of any other material contained in them.
- Security and Data Quality
- NRECA International maintains its website and its information with technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect against loss, unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, modification, and improper disclosure. NRECA International is committed to maintaining accurate, timely, relevant, and appropriate information about our users. No computer or mobile operating system can ever be fully protected against every possible hazard. NRECA International provides reasonable and appropriate security to protect against foreseeable hazards.
- Please note that your e-mail, like most, if not all, non-encrypted Internet e-mail communications, may be accessed and viewed by other Internet users, without your knowledge or permission, while in transit to us. For that reason, to protect your privacy, please do not use e-mail to communicate information to us that you consider confidential.
- “Phishing” is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking you for your personal information, do not respond. NRECA International will never request your passwords, user names, credit card information or other personally identifiable information through e-mail.
- Uses and Disclosures
- NRECA International uses its website to provide services and information to members of the public, including to present this Website and its contents to you.
We may share information we collect on our website with companies that provide support services to us (such as our affiliates, auditors, web hosting providers, or call center service providers). These companies may need this information in order to perform their functions. NRECA International generally directs recipients to agree to safeguard personal information, to use it only as authorized by NRECA International or its affiliates, and to return it or destroy it when no longer required. NRECA International may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- Legal Process
NRECA International could be required to disclose personal information in response to valid legal process, such as a search warrant, subpoena, or court order. Any record keeper faces this possibility. Disclosures may also be appropriate to protect NRECA International’s legal rights or during emergencies if physical safety is believed to be at risk. NRECA International believes that these events are unlikely, but they are possible. NRECA International will take reasonable steps to limit the scope and consequences of any of these disclosures.
- Donor Recognition
NRECA International discloses the name of all donors of $100 or more on the NRECA International website or other promotional materials by range of donation amount. If you wish to have your name and your donation amount removed from the donor recognition list on the website or any other materials, please email NRECA International at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail us at: NRECA International, Attn: Fundraising, 4301 Wilson Blvd, Arlington VA 22203.
You may voluntarily sign up to receive various NRECA International newsletters, updates or alerts, and other such communications, directly or indirectly, from NRECA International staff. By electing to receive any NRECA International communication, you understand that your information will be retained by NRECA International and may be added to our contact database. Based upon your election, NRECA or its affiliates may contact you directly concerning other publications or events that may be useful to you. Note that as a recipient of any NRECA International generated communications, you may unsubscribe from future messages via a link at the bottom of each email message or by calling 1-866-751-1238 to be removed from our contact list. NRECA International does not sell, rent, or otherwise share lists of subscribers to NRECA International publications, online newsstand services, or list servers.
- Data Security
To the extent that NRECA collects any of your personal information through this website, NRECA International has implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Please note that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although NRECA International does its best to protect any personal information, NRECA International cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to this Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. NRECA International shall not be responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
- Changes to this policy
- Children and Privacy
NRECA International is committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and encourages parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities. NRECA International’s website does not target and is not intended to attract children under the age of 13. NRECA International does not knowingly solicit personal information from children under the age of 13 nor send them requests for personal information.
- Questions, Access, and Disputes