NRECA International projects require a diverse range of technical and operational expertise—which may include GIS planning, distribution system design, cooperative development and operation, and lineman training, among others—so there are ample opportunities for interested applicants to apply their respective skills to the challenge of rural electric system development in countries around the world.
NRECA International is currently providing expertise in electrification program design; rural utility development; legal, regulatory, financial and economic analysis; and engineering design and analysis, in sixteen countries, including Bangladesh, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic, Ghana, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Liberia, Pakistan, the Philippines, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda, and maintains its headquarters in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area. Our focus is on resolving the issues that are critical to successful rural electrification program design and implementation.
NRECA International is recruiting a junior analyst to support its rural electrification projects and programs in developing countries that promote increased electricity access.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Participate as a team member in rural electrification projects which include resource assessments, policy sector reviews, due diligence, feasibility studies, and conducting willingness to pay surveys.
- Carry out cost-benefit and financial modeling of power sector projects to prioritize capital expenditure, and developing of power system expansion master plans for rural electrification.
- Document and report on project activities, and prepare technical and financial review documents.
- Travel regularly to NRECA International project locations to assist the local teams in collecting and consolidating required information and data, interacting with local colleagues and counterparts, and participating in presenting results and findings of completed work.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to organize and manipulate data, conduct calculations and graphic presentations, and develop macros using commercial computer software programs.
- Ability to integrate multidisciplinary and multicultural working teams.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility to travel to project locations in developing countries.
Candidates should have, at a minimum, the following experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, computer science or similar field.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in power utility operations, power system planning or power project evaluation, overseas working experience is a plus.
- Advance level in using computer software program used for storing, organizing and manipulating data such as MS Excel, MS Access, SQL, or similar.
- Expertise with macro programming language (such as Visual Basic for Applications), geographic information system (GIS) and power system modeling software expertise is a plus.
- Excellent written communication skills in English at level 5 of fluency. Proficiency level in additional languages is a plus.
- US citizen or permanent resident.
Job Type: Consultant
How to Apply
Applicants should send an up-to-date CV, contact information and a cover letter describing relevant experience, to email@example.com.
Disclaimer Statement: The preceding job description has been written to reflect management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Looking for volunteer opportunities?